Tips: Hiring a Mover
The task of finding a mover – a good mover – can seem overwhelming. You need to ask the right questions – so here are a few tips to help you through the process.
- Do your research! Get recommendations then go online and do some digging. This is one time when Google can be your best friend. Another good resource is the Better Business Bureau website.
- Get Estimates and Compare! Even though it might take a little bit of time – get 2-3 estimates. Make sure you know what should be included in the contract and know your rights under the Ontario’s Consumer Protection Act (CPA).
- A few more tips: Ask if the company has liability insurance and what is covered and check out any facility where your items may be stored.
On moving day:
- Get a written copy of the mover’s inventory list
- Provide directions for getting to your new home
- Make sure you have a number where you can reach them throughout the move